Chai's Analysis

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Vote!!

It is so strange that people don't vote. As an immigrant, I have always voted since the year I became a naturalized citizen. It's important, it makes you feel like you are part of society, it is also something different to do in your mundane schedule.

Today, I will be voting, for the first time, in an actual voting booth. I am *so* excited! Every single year, I have had to file an absentee vote. Although I am voting, absentee voting is such a joy kill for me. There is no scandal! No mispronunciation of my name by a senior citizen! I get no sticker that states, with colourful excitment, "I voted!" I am looking forward to all of that, followed by the gym.

After last week's request, I did some research and decided on my votes. Here they are in ballot particular order:

Governor: Phil Angelides
Lt. Governor: John Garamendi
Secretary of State: Debra Bowen
Controller: John Chiang
Treasurer: Bill Lockyer (although I thought for a split second to vote for Mehul Thakker, but thought that was silly; two party all the way!)
Attorney General: Jerry Brown (btw, when are hip hop artists gonna do a song with Jerry Brown's name in it?)
Insurance Commissioner: Cruz Bustamante (tough choices because they all suck)
State Board of Equalization: Betty T. Yee (APA pride)
U.S. Senator: Dianne Feinstein

For the judicial officers, I researched a few of their cases and ratings by other judicial members, and I voted:

Joyce L. Kennard: Yes
Carol A. Coorigan: Yes
Conrad L. Rushing: Yes
Nathan D. Mihara: No
Richard McAdams: Yes
Wendy Clark Duffy: No

Now here come the propositions:
1A-1E: Yes
83: No
84: Yes
85: No
86: Yes (although I hate Kaiser and anyone excusing themselves from anti-trust lawsuits)
87: No
88: No
89: Yes
90: No

I am going to definitely record my experience as a first time voter in person. Are we allowed to bring cameras inside a voting booth? And I am asking for a paper ballot, if possible.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home