Chai's Analysis

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The GAP + AIDS

I hate to be writing this because I hate GAP t. h. i. s. m. u. c. h. I have to give it up to their social conscious, we need more money team in coming up with this idea of GapRed.

All the word inspi(red) tee shirts are sold out online. I really wanted to get the shirt that says DESI(RED). It took me a few seconds to see that it was actually "desired" and not "desi-red." Which would honestly be funny if it was desi-red, because I am Indian (or desi) and Native Americans have historically been called Red (see Redskins). So it would be a coalition of the Indians from India and the Indians from America on one tee-shirt. Of course, my imagination took the best of me. ;)
So, if you can spare some of your disgust for a few minutes to walk into a sweatshop chain only to support AIDS causes in Africa, then do it. You have been told.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home