Chai's Analysis

Friday, November 17, 2006

Man, He Smacks Me Wanna Smack Him!

Trust me, I usually don't get violent tendencies towards others. Hey, I work in the violence against women field and that hitting other people would probably ban me from all the cool joints we anti-violent people hang out in. But, this just gets me so angry to the point of violence. OJ Simpson has written a book book semi-confessing to the killing of his ex-wife, Nicole Brown, and her friend, Ron Goldman. Seriously?

After a 12-year search, O.J. Simpson has found the true killer. Hypothetically. It turns out that Simpson murdered his ex-wife and her friend, hypothetically, and will get $3.5 million in blood money for a book titled ``If I Did It'' that gives all the gory details. This is one of those how-low-can-you-go moments. No one should fall for the Tripe of the Century.

In the book due out Nov. 30, Simpson describes his marriage and divorce and then switches into hypothetical mode to describe the 1994 murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman.

``There's little that would surprise me from this murdering SOB, but this does reach an all-time low, even for him,'' Ron Goldman's father, Fred Goldman, succinctly told the New York Post.

The Fox network is promoting the book through a two-part special, ``If I Did It, Here's How It Happened,'' featuring Simpson being interviewed by his book's publisher, Judith Regan. It's an inside job: News Corp. owns both Fox and HarperCollins, which owns ReganBooks.

I mean for real?

In college, I volunteered for the Clothesline Project and one of the shirts we received a shirt made by Nicole Brown's sister. That shirt was special because it was placed among thousands of other shirts, symbolizing the crimes against those due to their gender. While reading the editorial and the numerous articles spitting on O.J. Simpson, I thought about the publisher. Who would want to publish his crap?

Well, she did. And she did it, allegedly to get the killer to confess, just like she wanted her ex-husband to confess. Now, I hear that. I get what she is saying, but to give him (or allegedly his children) 3.5 million dollars is just crossing the line. And did he confess? No. And even if he did confess, what would that do to us? Just show us that our judicial system is biased? That our judicial system takes crimes against women lightly? That our judicial system erred, like humans do? I don't think we needed this scumbag to show us that. I get articles every.single.day. reporting how the judicial system fails to adequately protect survivors of (spousal, parental) abuse. Seriously, Judith Regan, you could have interviewed men who committed spousal abuse (even killed their partners) to get a real inside look at a wife-killer. But him?

Rupert, Rupert, Rupert. Shame on you and your croonies for doing this. Shame on your stupid FOX Network and all the media outlets you own. Shame on you.

Ugh. All of this just disgusts me. All of it.

1 comment(s):

Couldn't agree more. Up to and including the smacking.

By Blogger honeykbee, at 9:40 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home